– All-New Robust Design and Unparalleled Driving Experience
– 2.5L Inline-4 and Toyota Hybrid System Powertrains Offering More Power and MPG
– TNGA K Platform with Multi-Link Rear SuspensionStandard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
– The debut of All-New Sporty Hybrid Grade, XSE Hybrid
– Standard Entune 3.0 with Wi-Fi Connect powered by Verizon, Amazon Alexa, and Apple CarPlay Compatibility
– True Off-Road Capabilities with Available Multi-Terrain Select and an Available Toyota-first, Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect
All the stops have been pulled for the world debut of the all-new 2019 Toyota RAV4. The vehicle that created the small sports utility vehicle (SUV) segment makes its fifth-generation debut at the New York International Auto Show.
Over the years, Toyota has listened to owners and dealers and it has paid off. Over the last five years, RAV4 volume has doubled, which speaks profoundly to the segment’s attractiveness and growth, and ultimately, RAV4’s popularity. RAV4 currently ranks as the number-one-selling vehicle in the Toyota lineup, as well as the best-selling non-pickup-truck in the country.
No matter the grade, every RAV4 is a winning choice, whether it’s for a city exploration, a weekend trip to the countryside, or a jaunt on the trails. When it becomes available in the winter at the end of 2018 (with hybrid models right behind in early 2019), we predict that the all-new RAV4 will premiere, yet again, at the forefront—both for the Toyota brand and the segment.
2019 RAV4 LIMITED PRELIMINARY EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (vs. 2018) [difference]
Wheelbase 105.9 in. (104.7 in.) [+1.2 in.]
Overall Length 180.9 in. (181.1 in.) [-0.2 in.]
Overall Width 73 in. (72.6 in.) [+0.4 in.]
Overall Height 66.9 in. (67.1 in. *with roof rail) [-0.2 in.]
Unparalleled Driving Experience with More Power, MPG, and Capabilities
Engineers worked for about four years to fine-tune every aspect of RAV4’s performance, handling stability and ride comfort. The end goal was simple: engineer a driving experience that is Confident and Natural.
This unmatched performance was realized thanks to a group of takumi—highly-trained master craftsmen—who strived to develop a vehicle that acts and reacts as the driver intends, even in extreme weather and road conditions. Including the Takumi in the development process was just another layer of enhancement to the overall design approach led by the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) philosophy. These master craftsmen focused on working together to improve vehicle performance at various stages of the development process to deliver an ever-better RAV4.
The power source for RAV4’s driving abilities comes from one of two powertrains:
– Dynamic Force 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder engine with VVT-iE mated to an 8-speed Direct-Shift Automatic Transmission, which motivates the five gas models
– Dynamic Force 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder Toyota Hybrid System II (THS II) engine with Electronically-Controlled Continuously-Variable Transmission (ECVT), which activates the four hybrid models
The 2019 RAV4 possesses an entirely reimagined design and performance, thanks to the implementation of its new Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform and two new powertrains. With the platform comes a Multi-Link Rear Suspension, and an available Toyota-first Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Driveshaft Disconnect system giving drivers improved handling. Multi-Terrain Select is also available for guests who want to take their adventures off the pavement.
A new hybrid grade makes its debut on RAV4: XSE Hybrid. RAV4 XSE Hybrid is the sportiest of all grades and is expected to achieve class-leading fuel economy.
With anticipated class-leading cargo space, the 2019 RAV4 also comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0) and Entune 3.0 with Wi-Fi Connect, Amazon Alexa connectivity, and Apple CarPlay.